Below you will find information about
- The Evaluations Process Working Group.
- The October 15 Deadline.
- October 25 PD Session on Evaluations
- DDMs Overall
- The Timeline sent out by the district.
We are looking for a few good members to join the Evaluations Process Working Group. The first meeting is October 24th at 3:30 at Thorndike. If you want to make this process better, we need your voice! Contact Dan Monahan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
OCTOBER 15 Deadline: Because the published deadline of October 15 is a Saturday this year, that deadline is October 17, 2016. Note to Unit B folks – consider yourself an educator when it comes to your own evaluation. Note to teachers with professional status: if you are in your second year of a two year plan, you DO NOT have to do self assessment, set new goals or create a plan. You can create a new plan or goals if you want. ALL EDUCATORS have to submit a DDM for this year. By that October 17:
- Evaluators should have met with all educators or administrators
- Evaluators should have reviewed DDM data submitted last year and written a response
- Educators submit “Self Assessment” and “Goal Setting” forms. Click here for more info.
- Educators email their draft plan to their evaluator. Click here for more info.
- Educators email the DDM for this year to their evaluator.
Goals, Plan and DDM should be approved by the Evaluator by November 1.
On October 25, from 3:30 – 5 in the CRLS Media Cafe there will be a CEA professional development session on the Evaluation System.
DDMs: The CEA has always held a strong position in opposition to the use of assessment results in the evaluation system. See the position statement approved by the CEA Executive board last February. While we recognize the contractual and state obligations, we believe that DDMs are not an effective way to promote educator growth or evaluate educator performance.