The CEA posed 9 questions to the candidates for school committee on a questionnaire. Each and every one responded!
Click on a question to see how all 11 candidates responded to that question, or click on the candidate’s name to see their responses to the 9 questions.
We also held a Candidate’s Forum in the Central Square Library in the Lewis room here is the video.
- What do you hope to accomplish in your role on the school committee?
- How will you address racial inequities and white supremacy culture in our schools and district?
- How will you make decisions about what is best for our schools when you are not in schools on a daily basis? What experiences have prepared you for this role?
- How will you ensure equitable staffing to support all students?
- What role do you think the current MCAS/high stakes testing should play in our district? How will you advocate for thoughtful, developmentally appropriate assessment practices?
- How will you advance the district’s commitment to meeting students’ social and emotional needs?
- How do you plan to involve educators in district policy decisions?
- Do you support extending the school day? Why or why not?
- How would you improve CPS’ ability to attract and retain educators of excellence, specifically given the high cost of living in Cambridge?