The CEA posed 9 questions to the candidates for school committee on a questionnaire. Each and every one responded!
Click on a question to see how all 11 candidates responded to that question, or click on the candidate’s name to see their responses to the 9 questions.
We also held a Candidate’s Forum in the Central Square Library in the Lewis room here is the video.
- What do you hope to accomplish in your role on the school committee?
- How will you address racial inequities and white supremacy culture in our schools and district?
- How will you make decisions about what is best for our schools when you are not in schools on a daily basis? What experiences have prepared you for this role?
- How will you ensure equitable staffing to support all students?
- What role do you think the current MCAS/high stakes testing should play in our district? How will you advocate for thoughtful, developmentally appropriate assessment practices?
- How will you advance the district’s commitment to meeting students’ social and emotional needs?
- How do you plan to involve educators in district policy decisions?
- Do you support extending the school day? Why or why not?
- How would you improve CPS’ ability to attract and retain educators of excellence, specifically given the high cost of living in Cambridge?
Ruth Ryan Allen
Manikka L. Bowman
Bernette J. Dawson
Alfred B. Fantini
Elechi M. Kadete
José Luis Rojas Villarreal
David J. Weinstein
Rachel B. Weinstein
Leave a Reply