The Teacher Leadership Institute is a cohort-based learning experience that runs from October 2018 to August, 2019. Its aim is to prepare classroom teachers for leadership roles. Each cohort consists of about 300 participants from around the country honing their expertise and engaging in leadership work in schools, associations and state houses.
The TLI experience consists of:
- A rigorous Competency-Based Curriculum.
- Applied experience through a self-selected, evidence-based portfolio capstone.
- Deep local and national community collaboration.
- Extensive coaching and support.
- An evidence-based portfolio documenting growth in the teacher leadership competencies.
Fellows select ONE of the following three Leadership Pathways.
- Instructional – Teacher leaders at the center of facilitating, supporting and improving teaching and learning in their schools, districts and beyond.
- Policy – Teacher leaders creating, informing and influencing policy at the school, local, state and national levels.
- Association – Teacher leaders guiding the association on its mission to advance the profession of teaching, the professional interests of members and the well-being of our students.
The application process is underway. Please click here to get started. For questions or more detailed information please contact:
- Gary Gilardi, MTA State Contact at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary Chamberlain, MTA State Coach at email@example.com