We continue to make good progress, but with the election a month away, we need everyone! If you want to get more involved, click here.
Mark your calendars for upcoming events:
- October 24, 5PM City Hall Visibility before the City Council and School Committee roundtable on Charter Schools. HUGE EVENT. Do what you can to make it! VLUS, King and Baldwin teachers have already signed up. Contact Dan Monahan (Pres@cambeducation.org)
- October 23, 12-4 Canvass with Michael Connolly in East Cambridge. Contact Robert Travers (email@example.com)
- October 20, 4-5PM, Inman Square Visibility. King and PAUS teachers have already signed up. Contact Linda Costa (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Phone Banking Every Wednesday (except for 10/12 for Yom Kippur) from now until the election. Just come for an hour from 4-8 PM 2462 Mass Ave, Cambridge.
- October 16, 3-6 PM Canvass in suburbia with Meg Moloney and MTA President Barbara Madeloni. Contact Meg Moloney (megmoloney5.gmail.com) Westwood, MA.
Last week the District sent out a document describing what you can’t do, while the MTA has published a document describing what the law allows you to do. Click here to read it. Briefly, you can wear political information on your personal property, but not school property. You can talk with anyone about the campaign outside of school hours. If you are getting push back on how you would like to campaign, email Dan Monahan (email@example.com.)
Last week we had our usual phone banking on Wednesday night at the CEA office, and also had a successful visibility at Honk! in Davis Square. Members held signs and talked with voters. Many people had not heard about the ballot question or had questions.We had many good conversations and were able to sway most of the voters we talked to.
Leave a Reply