What do all those acronyms mean?
Getting involved in our union can feel like you’re drowning in alphabet soup! Get yourself up to speed on some of those acronyms:
- CEA: Cambridge Education Association, our local union
- MTA: MA Teachers’ Association, our state union. As a member of CEA, you’re also an MTA member.
- NEA: National Education Association, our national union. As a member of CEA, you’re also an NEA member.
What are the bargaining Units?
Employees in different job categories bargain for, and work under, separate contracts.
- Unit A: Teachers and Athletic Trainers, Nurse Educators, Registered Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, and Part-Time Learning Disability Teachers
- Unit B: Ratio Salary Schedule Personnel (ie., assistant principals)
- Unit C: Clerical Workers
- Unit D: Substitutes (including building substitutes)
- Unit E: Paraprofessionals